Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Sunday, February 28, 2021


Review: Caution: Under Construction

Caution: Under Construction

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Finished on February 27, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: Sheridan attempting to make dinner for Keefer



4.5/5

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I didn’t really want to stop reading it after I picked it up but, due to length, I made sure to read it in segments. There are various times when the r-word is used for a side character with mental disability. If that bothers you, take notice and take care.
    
Sheridan is a player who never thought much of settling down while Keefer is settled in a very unhappy relationship. Keefer’s girlfriend is horrible in various ways and I loved to hate her. I loved watching Sheridan and Keefer grow through the story. Sheridan stumbled her way into a relationship with Keefer and, even though she had her bad moments, she was able to successfully come out of it with support of her friends, family, and Keffer. I loved reading about Keefer getting her self-esteem back. She was able to grow with Sheridan and let loose a bit more and was even able to find her way to new friends.

My biggest issue with the book was Sheridan’s player relapse and how quickly it was forgiven but it was a minor part of the book and I found myself able to ignore it. I also wish there had been a bit more plot and development, but I wasn’t too bothered by it. There were also a couple of awkward parts where you got a paragraph or two written from Fifi’s point of view. It wasn’t bad just strange.

My absolute favorite part of this book was the sex scenes. I will warn you know that there are a lot of them so if that’s not your thing then maybe avoid this book. However, the sex scenes Vertigo writes are hot, and I loved reading them. I also loved the variety of scenes Vertigo wrote, nothing felt repetitive about their relationship.

This book is definitely more sex than story, but the sex is well-written and the story that is there is a good read if a bit cliché. If you want a sexy story, go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...