Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Thursday, February 25, 2021


Review: Infinite Loop

Infinite Loop Infinite Loop by Meghan O'Brien
My rating: 5 of 5 stars 
Finished on February 25, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "I promise to keep you safe, but I can't in good conscience encourage you to behave. Besides, it would be against your nature."

I love this book. It’s not flawless or anything like that but I love it. I find it to be a very enjoyable read and I’ve read it multiple times.
    
The majority of the book takes place while the two main characters are on a road trip together. During this time, they make various stops to see different things and people. It’s a literal journey and during the trip the two of them develop and make their own personal journeys as well.

I love the banter and conversations between Mel and Regan. The dialogue often felt authentic and genuine. It was sweet and funny at times and I loved to read it. The relationship between the two is rushed, no doubting that, but only at the beginning. The instant attraction and Mel instantly wanting to be with Regan despite her previous strumpethood (yes strumpet is a word used in the book to describe Mel).

The characters in this book felt real. I’m not just talking about the main characters but the side characters they meet throughout the story. Mel’s gruff partner, both character’s parents, the people they meet on the campground. The characters felt, even if they were only there for a second, like actual people. No one felt forced in or like they were there just for a punchline or awkward conversation. 

Mel and Regan are both characters with flaws and insecurities and they begin to work on them together during this trip. They even work on their issues and relationships with other people as well. It’s honest and endearing. Neither of them had a good past but the two, after some initial rough patches, begin to talk about their issues. The two actually talk to each other about their past and the pain that their experiences have caused them, and the other partner lends them a hand and supports them as they make changes or just talk things through.

This book is one of my favorites and I recommend it. I love the characters and the dialogue and the fact that problems are discussed. I like that the author made both characters flawed but also made them characters that you could root for and want to see get better.

Bonus Favorite Quote: "I provide thrills for no man."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...