Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Friday, January 15, 2021


Review: Take My Hand

Take My Hand Take My Hand by Missouri Vaun
My rating: 4 of 5 stars 
Finished on January 15, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "Do you think the song is true?" - "What do you mean?" - "That it's foolish to rush in." - "Let's find out. Kiss me again."       

4.5/5 rounded down

I enjoyed this book. I read it last and had been waiting to read about these two because I love Clay and how they describe her. It was a good read. 
    
I wanted to keep reading more about the two of them. They, to me, seem like the most domestic of the three couples and I was hoping to read more about them slipping into domestic bliss with each other. 

I enjoyed the budding romance between the two of them and watching them deal with their attraction to each other as well as deal with their own personal problems. However, I think Vaun was trying too hard to give us a HEA within a page limit. 

That probably bring me to my biggest issue with this book: the ending segments. It is the first of the trilogy which means I already knew what happens during the ending drama. However, in the other books there was still a number of things that followed that drama while there was not much here. It just seemed odd that something that felt like relatively impactful drama was not touched until 80% through the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...