Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Thursday, January 14, 2021


Review: Take a Chance

Take a Chance Take a Chance by D. Jackson Leigh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Finished on January 14, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "Let's erase the past and start clean. I want to count you as one...my only one."


This book surprised me. I did not have many expectations from it, mainly because I do not typically like overly cocky characters, and I have never read something by this author before. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this. 
    
I found myself invested in the lives of the two main characters, and even in the development of the other two relationships, and even when I wanted to stop reading, I found that I could not. The tension between the two was well-founded from years prior but it did not feel too forced. 

Even the drama that arose in the book felt as well-developed as side drama can be and at some parts you could guess the outcome of the situation even if you hoped it did not end that way. Very little of the drama seemed to come out of left-field and even then, it did not feel too forced. 

Surprisingly, good read and I enjoyed the book and cannot wait to read the other two in the series.

Also, a butch-butch lesbian romance. Probably the first I ever read and I wish there was more in this category.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...