Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Sunday, January 10, 2021


Review: Alone

Alone Alone by E.J. Noyes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Finished on January 10, 2021




4.5/5 rounded up

I went into this book with high hopes. It was a good book, some parts were better than I expected while others were about what I expected. Some descriptors dragged on too long, but I loved the portrayal of Celeste. I especially enjoyed her “memories” of her friends and family appearing in her mind as her coping mechanism.
    
I docked half a point for the sole reason of the romance. I have a hard time dealing with this romance. Olivia is an engaging character and I genuinely loved the interactions between the two of them but the reveal that Olivia was a contractor made the romance a bit awkward for me. I am not against it, and I think the author did a good job at helping develop the relationship after that. Giving them space for 6 months helped the romance feel more comfortable and normal, but I just feel as though there are some moral arguments to be made about this romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...