Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Saturday, January 9, 2021


Review: Backwards to Oregon

Backwards to Oregon Backwards to Oregon by Jae
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Finished on January 9, 2021





This book was amazing! I don't like to read historical fiction, but this book exceeded my expectations. 
    
Some of the drama felt a bit drawn out but I was so enthralled in the building relationship between the two that I did not mind it so much. I might dock half a point simply because I found some parts to drag and I had to force myself to pay attention and keep reading but those scenes went away and I was enthralled again. 

With this book I found myself enjoying the historical setting and enjoying the fact that there was a kid involved in it (I do not normally like having small children involved in the books I read). The writing was so good I did not want to stop reading the book as soon as I started. I was expecting worse treatment to the main characters because of the time period but it was not really there. There was some as Nora discovered the truth about Luke, but it was handled in such a great way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...