Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Tuesday, January 12, 2021


Review: Desolation Point

Desolation Point Desolation Point by Cari Hunter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Finished on January 12, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "They're herbs, Alex. All perfectly legal herbs."



I forgot how much I love these sorts of books. Two women stuck together in the wilderness either because of a natural disaster or because of someone hunting them. I used to love reading them and I have avoided them, for the most part, for the last few years because I wanted to avoid serious drama. This book might bring me back to reading them. 
    
It was intriguing and Cari Hunter did a very good job at writing characters and a location in a way that made it feel tense but allowed them to bond as well. 

My biggest issue was that Alex, an ex-cop, would have just relayed her location to a stranger on the walkie talkie that she took from a killer. I feel like there should have been some questions or even waiting until the guy she worked for was on the phone. The story was engaging though, and I enjoyed watching the two of them realize how similar they were. It might have been better if they were able to bond outside of the circumstances they were encountering, but it was clear to see that the two characters were well-matched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...