Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Tuesday, August 24, 2021


Review: Stage Dreams

Stage Dreams Stage Dreams by Melanie Gillman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Finished on August 19, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: The party


I love a good graphic novel! I didn’t actually know that this book was a graphic novel when I picked it up, but I was very pleasantly surprised.
    
Flor is the Great Hawk, a known robber. Grace is escaping her home in Georgia. The two first meet when Flor robs the stagecoach Grace is riding in and takes her for a ransom. It doesn’t work out the way she expects and the two wind up working together in hopes of stealing documents from a Confederate gala.

This book is just barely 100 pages long so there’s not a lot of time for an in-depth, serious story. Instead, we got a fun story of the two having an adventure together. Also, neither character seems to care about who the other person is. Not in a bad way. Flor doesn’t make a big deal about Grace being transgender. It was just kind of light-hearted and pure.

It’s not exactly a realistic story, but it wasn’t meant to be. It’s meant to be a cute sapphic historical graphic novel with an outlaw and a runaway. The plot was interesting and was what drew me to read it and I’m very happy I did. It was fun and I thought it was executed as well as it could be. I would love to see it as a movie or a show or a cartoon or something.

If you like graphic novels: go for it. It’s a fun and quick read, but I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...