Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Thursday, August 12, 2021


Review: Chemistry Lessons

Chemistry Lessons Chemistry Lessons by Jae
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Finished on August 12, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "It's not like I planned to kiss her. It was more like...an accident."
"An accident?"

I heard that Jae had a new book coming out this year and I immediately wanted to jump on it. No hesitation, I didn’t even need a summary. When I got a summary, I was even more intrigued. Friends-to-lovers romance, sign me up.
    
Regan and Kylie have been best friends since kindergarten, and they’ve been through everything together. Their friends keep telling them that they’d be perfect for each other, but they keep denying it. One day Regan gets the genius idea that they should do a chemistry test to prove their friends wrong. Three dates and then their friends have to leave them alone about this. It doesn’t go the way either were expecting and they find themselves wondering if diving in is worth the risk of losing their best friend.

Regan and Kylie have a really great friendship and I absolutely adore it. It’s made clear from the get-go that these two are close and during the story you get to learn more about how they met, what they’ve been through together, and everything that led them to where they are now. It’s such a pure relationship between the two of them that was founded on kids making friends easily but was built up through the two sticking together through everything thrown at them.

It’s kind of a minor thing but I really enjoyed the parts where they discussed the best parts of dating your best friend. It’s someone you know, you can lick the plate, all of these things that help make the relationship better.

I really enjoyed the pacing of this book. I’m not usually one to notice pacing, it’s just not something I often pay attention to. This one though, it was great. The dates were spaced out where they didn’t feel rushed but there also wasn’t a lot of unnecessary filler between them. There were filler pieces that allowed the friendship between the two to feel more developed. The characters didn’t feel like they rushed into a relationship. There wasn’t chapters worth of unnecessary fighting between them. I don’t even think this book had the drama at 70% of the way through that I’m so used to seeing.

I don’t think I encountered any real issues while reading this book. I wanted it to be longer, but I always want books like this to be longer. It’s a sweet read that didn’t have a lot of drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Tour: DEADENDIA: THE DIVINE ORDER review + favorite quotes

Thank you so much to TBR and Beyond Tours for allowing me to take part in this tour for Deadendia: The Divine Order. I have watched the ...