Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Friday, March 5, 2021


Review: Life Rewired

Life Rewired Life Rewired by Lynn Galli
My rating: 5 of 5 stars 
Finished on March 5, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "She felt curvy and pliable and she smelled flowery. All the things I'd been attracted to. Not one of them affected me tonight. Vivian was right. My type had changed."

4.5/5 rounded up

This book is split into three sections. Each section takes a first-person point-of-view switching from Falyn to Molly and back to Falyn for the ending. This book is also a romance between two butches, something I don’t see often and something I wish I saw more. It also involves Falyn being an ex-felon.
    
All of those things blended together to make a really good book. I was invested in the budding relationship between Falyn and Molly as soon as it began. It was nice to see the two characters handle their issues maturely and talk to their friends about their issues to get other viewpoints. It was also nice that none of their friends tried to talk them out of a relationship with another butch.

Molly is an outdoor guide who likes the feminine type. Not gorgeous but pretty. She also harbors feelings of sort for one of the other women in the friend group. Falyn is a newcomer to the area because an old friend offered her a job. As an ex-felon she’s used to life being hard and she’s tentative about taking the job offered to her, she doesn’t want to ruin her friend’s business. I didn’t really expect to care about Falyn. Not in a bad way just in a unrelatable way. I was pleasantly surprised. Reading the book from her point of view was an interesting experience and I found myself liking her quickly. Even the crimes she committed didn’t put me off her as a character. (Marking a spoiler but I’m going to tell you what crimes she committed in case it’s a make-or-break deal for you) (view spoiler)[ Falyn and some other guys she worked with would case out a house they were building for a rich family and steal items from them. According to her, nothing with sentimental value and things that insurance would cover. (hide spoiler)] Molly was also a really sweet character. Her and Falyn connected over doing outdoorsy things and became buddies.

The best part of the book, to me, was the catalyst that changed the relationship between the two and watching everything fall into place. Molly is a platonic kisser apparently and one peck when going to bed one day and the two were off. Both characters freely admit that the other person isn’t their type, but they found themselves enjoying being together. It was fun to read about. Fighting for dominance and knowing the moves the other was using. The two also had to come to terms with their changing tastes when they realize that their attraction wasn’t a one-off.

This book is really good. I had a few issues with grammar and wording and unnecessary additions but not much. It’s good and sweet and deals with something I’ve never read about before. It’s convinced me that I should read the other Aspen books and I’ll probably reread this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...