Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Tuesday, February 16, 2021


Review: A Royal Romance

A Royal Romance A Royal Romance by Jenny Frame
My rating: 5 of 5 stars 
Finished on February 16, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "I am certain you are the perfect person to share my throne, and to help govern my people."



4.5/5 rounded up

I was really happy with this book. It’s a fairytale romance between a queen and a commoner set in the 2050s. 
    
I love the romance that developed between George and Bea. I especially loved that, as a republican, Bea didn’t like or understand all the intricacies of the monarchy. The pros and cons of a monarchy weren’t explored heavily but it was a nice touch. The romance between the two was built up from friendship to more and, even when they had bumps in the road, it was clear that the two of them cared for each other. Both women have different personal issues that they deal with throughout the story and it made for a more authentic cast of characters and romance.

It was interesting to see that the book took place some time in the future, like 20 years or so. While the book might have been able to take place today this also ensured that Frame could add more advanced technology while still being believable. 

I could have done without the subplot of a jealous cousin. It added some tension to the story and some plot points, but I feel like it could have either been done more or done less. If it had been done more it would have felt more impactful and if it had been done less, I don’t know if we would have lost a lot. 

I am however disappointed that we don’t get a Cammy and Lali book. I read Royal Rebel before reading this and they stay as side characters and a side relationship. 

The romance in this story is cute, maybe a bit predictable, but it’s a good read. It's a cheesy fairy tale but if you want a good romance, go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...