Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Monday, February 1, 2021


Review: Reinventing Lindsey

Reinventing Lindsey Reinventing Lindsey by Maggie Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Finished on February 1, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "While passion fueled love, romance sustained it. And like fine wine, true love became better as it aged."


4.25/5 rounded down

I love the idea of this book and, in my personal opinion, the author delivered well for the synopsis.
    
I loved Lindsey and her backstory. She was an amazing character and, for better or worse, I could relate to her quite a bit.

I did have a couple of issues with the book. My biggest issue is that I would have liked to see Daisy explored more. Lindsey felt really well-developed, maybe in part due to her circumstances, but it would have felt nice to get reciprocal development from Daisy. I did however enjoy that the author didn’t just ignore that Lindsey’s experience could have scarred her (mentally and physically). Rather she acknowledged the physical scars and mentioned Lindsey seeing a therapist to help with the mental scarring. I was glad the author at least mentioned something and didn’t leave it up to the reader to determine if they felt that Lindsey would have suffered mental scarring after her experiences. 

My second issue is that I would have liked the book to be longer. That might sound weird, but I honestly feel like certain moments were missing. I would have really liked to read about them coming out to Allison as a couple. Also, I would have liked to read more about the process/experience of the tutorials. I do worry that reading all about it might have gotten repetitive, but I also feel like it could have helped to further the developing relationship between the two women. (Also, I’m just interested to see what could have happened on the practice dates.) 

Other than those issues, I quite enjoyed this book. It was a great read with drama that didn’t feel forced and rather made perfect sense within the context of the book. The only one that seemed slightly forced was Lindsey’s mom appearing at her reveal, but even that didn’t seem fully forced more rushed than anything. The character’s felt like they had good chemistry and I enjoyed watching the relationship between the two develop, especially in the earlier stages where the two were trying to avoid naming what they were feeling for the other woman. It was amusing, especially the body language bar part.

Honestly, I think I would like to see a movie version of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...