Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Tuesday, February 2, 2021


Review: Gold

Gold Gold by E.J. Noyes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars 
Finished on February 2, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "You don't treat yourself well enough to make me believe you'd be different with us."


This book was really good. I’ve enjoyed both E.J. Noyes books I’ve read even though I don’t particularly like reading books told from one person’s point of view. This book was great though.
    
I had slight issues with keeping myself invested in the book but I’m completely willing to put that down to a focus issue I was having in general. The book was amazing, and I absolutely love Aspen.

The author did a very good job, at least from my perspective (note: I know nothing about serious injuries in sports or the mental health issues that and other events can cause a person to have) at portraying the pain that Aspen felt, even years after her injury. Not just physical pain either. At one point Cate even calls out that Aspen hadn’t been properly taking care of herself and seemed to be punishing herself by forcing her to deal with the pain. Also, the author didn’t spend too much time on Aspen’s previous drug addiction, nor did she make that a factor that led to Cate leaving her. 

The situations that arose between the two characters was well-explained to where a reader could understand why certain characters made the decisions that they did. The author also gave the characters time to discuss their problems with each other instead of the issue either disappearing or lingering in the air at the end of the book. 

Also, the side characters were amazing, and I loved Cate’s daughter. 

This book is great. It has great characters, drama that made sense within the story being told, and a resolution that felt like it rounded off the characters and the issues they had dealt with through the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...