Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Tuesday, January 26, 2021


Review: Timeless

Timeless Timeless by Rachel Spangler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars 
Finished on January 26, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "You see, a bully doesn't have to actively terrorize everyone. They just have to make one person so miserable no one else would dare cross them for fear of becoming a target themselves."

I was initially hesitant to read this book. I was worried about the time slip element to it, worried about how bad the bullying could get, worried about a relationship developing between a student teacher and a student, and I’ll even admit to not liking first-person books. This book laid my hesitations to rest and proved to be better than I was expecting.
    
I struggled through the first half of the book, but I think that was due to a headache I was battling at the time. The second half of the book came easily and kept me invested.
I loved the characters, especially Kelsey, and I loved the way the author had the characters develop. The time slip situation was handled in a way where it wasn’t exactly time travel but also wasn’t not time travel. It made it where the effects of the time travel, or the nightmare induced by the coma, was remembered by some of the other characters as vague thoughts or dreams they had once. This even proved pivotal in keeping Kelsey alive.

I especially enjoyed reading about Stevie’s development through the book. Watching her relive part of her senior year and having to face facts that she wasn’t aware of, or facts that she didn’t care to notice, and having to realize that she wanted to change how those stories played out was amazing. I liked reading about her growing a backbone and her realizing that maybe her current present life wasn’t exactly what she wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...