Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Friday, February 12, 2021


Review: After the Summer Rain

After the Summer Rain After the Summer Rain by Gerri Hill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars 
Finished on February 12, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: The thunderstorms and rescuing Rachel




I adore pretty much every moment of this book. Both times I’ve read it, I’ve done it in just a couple days because I couldn’t bare to put it down. The characters are relatable and fit well together and I especially love reading about the two of them getting closer. The side characters are an interesting bunch and help make the place where Mel lives feel more interesting. 
    
I don’t think I really had anything about this book that I didn’t like. The Adam thing kind of annoyed me but eventually Erin made the point I was thinking of too.

The relationship that developed between the two of them felt very real, like it made sense. There was no other ending than for them to be together. There was build-up and bonding experiences and it made me personally invested in the idea of these two ending together. The author did a good job at writing about the experiences of Erin going to the remote ranch area to detox and showing her slowly grow used to the area and even enjoy her experience and work there. I also loved that the author showed her with caffeine withdraws and headaches and sleeping the day away at first. 

I loved the arcs both characters went over as well. Erin got to relax and realize that her current habits weren’t good. She got to grow and develop after losing control of herself. Mel got to talk to someone else, bond with them, and make friends. She realized her place in the group and realized what she wanted out of life after a bad past event that led to her shutting herself off from the rest of the world. She didn't have to live with her guilt any more and the older women in the group are her chosen family.


This book is amazing. The characters are nice, the drama makes sense and is relatively minimal, and the relationship that develops is so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...