Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Friday, February 12, 2021


Review: Under a Falling Star

Under a Falling Star Under a Falling Star by Jae
My rating: 5 of 5 stars 
Finished on February 12, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "We met under a falling star, and the rest, as they say, is history."




This probably ranks as one of my favorite books by Jae. 

I don’t know if there is a character that I immediately loved as much as I did Dee. A sweetheart with a bad rep and a worse reason for her reputation. I loved her even when she wasn’t exactly being pleasant.
    
I also love the way the story developed between Dee and Austen. I’m a big fan of mistaken identity stories and I especially enjoyed how this one played out. Reading about how their relationship developed is easily one of my favorite things about this story. Especially with how clearly the two wanted each other and wanted to be around each other but couldn’t because of Dee’s position. 

I don’t know if there’s anything in this book that really put me off or bothered me while I was reading. None of the drama felt forced, the characters were likeable, and the relationship between the two felt authentic. Maybe a bit love-at-first-sight style but it could have easily been the two being drawn to each other (especially when you consider Dee’s reputation in the company and Austen, at first, not knowing who she was). 

That was another thing about this story that just made me love the story and the characters. The way Dee is treated in the company, by her family, by her coworkers, and everything else made me want to hug her. It’s not often I feel that strongly towards a character in a book, but Jae did an excellent job writing Dee and her feelings that I couldn’t help but be attached to her. Jae’s writing made it so that I never wanted to stop reading about the two and I couldn’t put this book down once I started it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...