Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Friday, January 22, 2021


Review: The Stars at Night

The Stars at Night The Stars at Night by Gerri Hill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars 
Finished on January 22, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: The Sunrise and Sunset scenes



This book was a light read with minimal amounts of drama, something I very much enjoy. 
    
The setting of this book seemed almost magical. It was a small town in a mountain area with parks and trails and gorgeous views and it made me want to move. I like how they developed both characters as people who were initially wary of the area when they first moved there but found that it allowed them to be freer and more comfortable. 

I also liked how they handled Mark’s trauma from his wife dying. The characters and story didn’t try to force him to confront his issues, they just urged him gently to realize that remembering only the bad things isn’t the healthiest way to cope. 

The main and side characters of this story felt real to me. I could imagine going to the lodge and meeting someone like Mark or Kyler or Susan. Lexie and Kyler falling in love was obvious, it usually is in sapphic books, and I thoroughly loved watching the friendship grow between the two and then watching them wrestle with the idea of being something more than friends when they weren’t each other’s types.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...