Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Monday, January 18, 2021


Review: The Roommate Arrangement

The Roommate Arrangement The Roommate Arrangement by Jae
My rating: 5 of 5 stars 
Finished on January 18, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "Now tell me what put that sparkle in your eye...and don't pretend it was the ocularist."



I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of this book. 
    
Even the parts at the beginning where the two of them weren’t friends and Steph didn’t know about Rae’s eye. It was interesting to see how the two of them bonded and the similarities that they had. I like that the comedian and the ex-cop both used humor as a defense mechanism because who doesn’t. 

I loved the arc with Rae coming to terms with Mike and how he died. I will freely admit that Kim easing her into the idea that she didn’t do anything wrong and that Mike would want her to be happy made me cry. 

Steph was an interesting character. I wasn’t expecting much from her to begin with and I was surprised by the fact that Jae didn’t keep her continuing to be a player even after moving in with Rae. She had her fling with the U-Haul girl and that was it. It honestly made it feel like when she had decided to stay in LA and get a roommate, and when Rae had expressed disapproval of random guests at night, that she just accepted the idea of being an adult. It felt nice and right for her. She focused on her comedy and grew out of sleeping around. Once again, I loved the development of the characters and watching their romance grow. 

Sidenote: I love that both daughters tried to fake-date someone and ended up falling in love with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...