Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Sunday, January 17, 2021


Review: Changing the Script

Changing the Script Changing the Script by Lee Winter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars 
Finished on January 17, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "Dear studio execs, please let me make your mainstream flick hella lesbian, but don't worry it's on the downlow. Plus, I've put everyone's tits back in their costumes."


4.75/5 rounded up

I was a bit wary of this book when I originally read the summary. While the story of a director trying to make a movie better interested me, I had my concerns about Sam and the gang drug problems she had to deal with. I was worried that the gang side would play too heavily into the story for me to feel comfortable with, however that was not a problem. 
    
The story was well-written, and I found myself loving Alex. She was able to, with the help of others on the set, turn the movie from a box office bomb into a female-powered, hints-at-lesbianism action story. 

Sidenote: If they ever make that a movie, I will watch it! 

My biggest problem with this book was the mini mystery of who was sabotaging the set. I liked it to begin with, even with the false confessions of guilt. However, the payoff disappointed me. Skye was an obvious person for pulling something like this, she did something similar in Breaking Character, but it annoyed me that so many people that liked and respected Alex and Sam were willing to sabotage a set that meant so much to one and, even if inadvertently, lay hints to the gang that bothered the other one. Part of me was tempted to rank it lower because of this plot but it only occupied so much of the story and I found that the parts about repairing the movie and developing a relationship between the two overshadowed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...