Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Friday, August 9, 2024


Book Tour: THE HOUSE WHERE DEATH LIVES review



Thank you so much to TBR and Beyond Tours for allowing me to take part in this tour for The House Where Death Lives. I have watched the show and even took part in the tour for the first 2 books last year. I adore this story and characters so being able to take part in this tour was wonderful!!

 

     

About The Book:

Title: The House Where Death Lives

Editor: Alex Brown

Pub.Date: August 6, 2024

Find it: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, IndieBound

A dance to the death. A girl who’s just as monstrous as H.H. Holmes. A hallway that’s constantly changing―and hungry. All of these stories exist in the same place―within the frame of a particular house that isn’t bound by the laws of time and space.

Following in the footsteps of dark/horror-filled YA anthologies like His Hideous Heart and Slasher Girls and Monster Boys, and Netflix’s groundbreaking adaptation of The Haunting of Hill House, this YA speculative fiction anthology explores how the permanence of a home can become a space of transition and change for both the inhabitants and the creatures who haunt them.

Each story in the anthology will focus on a different room in the house and feature unique takes on monsters from a wide array of cultural traditions. Whether it’s a demonic Trickster, a water-loving Rusalka, or a horrifying, baby-imitating Tiyanak, there’s bound to be something sinister lurking in the shadows.

 

Review:

This was a fun YA horror anthology. I really enjoyed the set-up of it where each story was taking place in a different part of the house. Stuff like that just works for me for some reason.

The writing was pretty good. It's an anthology and I find that those always have high points and low points. In my opinion, the high points definitely made up for the low points! Some of these stories were just amazing! I loved them! Other stories were just...there. I didn't hate them, but I also didn't enjoy them. It happens, not every story is for every reader.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. The stories that I enjoyed, I enjoyed a lot! There was something about them that drew me in. They made me want to continue reading the book even if the next story didn't intrigue me as much.



About Alex Brown:

Alex Brown is a queer, biracial Pilipino American writer who loves rooting for the final girl — especially if she’s a monster. Alex is also one of the co - creators and producers of The Bridge , a spooky, folklore - filled audio drama podcast that has over 1,000,000 downloads to date! In a past life, Al ex worked on Supernatural and Netflix’s Resident Evil, though now she lives a quiet life in Los Angeles with her partner and their three chaotic cats. You can find them on their website, Twitter, and Goodreads.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Tour: 5 reasons to read PRACTICAL RULES FOR CURSED WITCHES

Thank you so much to TBR and Beyond Tours for allowing me to take part in this tour for Practical Rules for Cursed Witches. Looking at tha...