Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Monday, September 18, 2023


Book Tour: DON'T WANT TO BE YOUR MONSTER review + favorite quotes

 


Book Details

Title: Don't Want to Be Your Monster
Author: Deke Moulton
Publisher: Tundra Books
Publication Date: August 1, 2023
Genre(s): Middle Grade, Fantasy, Paranormal
Pages: 291
     

Rating: 5/5

Review: 
Thank you so much to Hear Our Voices Tours for allowing me to take part in this wonderful tour! Make sure to check out the schedule so that you don't miss any of the other wonderful hosts! I loved this book and I look forward to seeing what the other hosts thought of it!

I've been interested in this book for a while and getting to read it was honestly a pleasure! It seemed to line up perfectly with what I was currently in the mood for and I found that it hit all the sweet spots for me!

Once I started this book, I couldn't put it down. Every chapter was filled with something that drew me in whether it was family drama or a mystery that needed to be solved. I loved it all.

I have a soft spot for all of these characters! I especially love Adam and Victor, which isn't hard, but the other characters were just as amazing. Their mothers were so sweet and their new friends were amazing. I have an especially soft spot for their sibling Sung. I want a book about them! But all of these characters are amazing and Adam and Victor are very, very likeable characters for me. They're struggling with their bond a bit, but not because either of them doesn't love the other. The relationship between Adam and Victor is beautifully written.

I loved this book! I can't really say much more or less than that. The characters were amazing and sweet. The drama and action were well-written and had me eagerly waiting to see what would happen next. Deke did a great job at describing locations and situaitons, such as Adam and Victor traversing the town as vampires. I don't think there was a single second in this book that I wasn't hooked to the page.


Favorite Quotes: 
"So...charisma failed."

"You really went full Mom-mode on me."
"Big-brother-mode."

"That is so convincing, yet so wrong."

"What are you trying to do, anyway?"
"Make you think I turned into a bat."

"You and Victor and Sung? You bring so much light into my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...