Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Thursday, September 21, 2023


Book Tour: ALEX WISE VS. THE END OF THE WORLD review

 


Book Details

Title: Alex Wise vs. the End of the World
Author: Terry J. Benton-Walker
Publisher: Labyrinth Road
Publication Date: September 26, 2023
Genre(s): Middle Grade, LGBT, Fantasy
Pages: 404
Bookshop Purchase Link: https://bookshop.org/a/67041/9780593564295
     

Reading Details

Finish Date: September 15, 2023
Format: Physical
Representation: Gay
Trigger/Content Warnings: Violence, Homophobia


Rating: 5/5

Favorite Quote/Scene: 
"That's definitely old news for me. But I'm glad you finally felt comfortable enough to tell me."

Review: 

I've wanted to read this book, at least somewhat, since I first saw the cover for it. It coming from the same publisher that gave me Sir Callie was just a nice bonus because right now I trust them to put out good works that can hold my interest and keep me invested. Luckily, that held true!

What I do want to note is that it did take me a few chapters to get really invested in the story but I was also in the middle of a huge reading slump at the time and don't think that it was the fault of the book. It just wasn't happening for me at the time.

Once I got hooked into the story though, I was an absolute goner. I was obssesed with the story in all of the amazing ways that I like to be!

The author has a way of writing emotions. I adored the way they showed Alex's fluctuating emotions because he's a teen that has a lot going on at the moment. His emotions are deep and complex and you understand why he's feeling the way that he's feeling.

Also, just as a quick endnote. I need this to become a movie or TV show solely so I can see the designs of the Horsemen! I absolutely loved the way they were described and I would love to see them recreated at some point. (Not going to lie, the description of Death and her powers kinda made me want to root for the Horsemen. It just sounded so awesome.)

All in all, this book was absolutely fantastic. The author did a great job at writing an interesting story that had my attention and also had me on the edge of my seat. The author also did a remarkable job at writing the characters emotions and the actions that they take. It's the apocalypse during this book so everything is a hot mess and I thought the authro did a great job at describing the absolute chaos that was going on.




Disclaimer: I am a bookshop.org affiliate and may earn a commision on books bought using the link on my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...