Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Tuesday, October 12, 2021


Review: THE HEARTBREAK BAKERY by A.R. Capetta

 


Title: The Heartbreak Bakery
Author: A.R. Capetta
Publication Date: October 12, 2021
     

Finish Date: October 4, 2021
Format: Physical
Rating: 5/5


Favorite Quote/Scene: 
The springs

Review: 
A book with an agender character who partners up with a genderfluid character to help fix a magical baking mistake. I didn't need to know anything else. Thank you so much to the publisher for sending me an ARC of this book. Quick note: I will be trying to avoid pronouns for Syd, and I might switch between pronouns for Harley without realizing.

I could obsess over Syd and Harley for hours. I loved every character involved in this book from the main one to the various side characters, but these two have my heart. Syd is such an amazing character. I love Syd even when Syd doesn't quite react to things in the "correct" ways. I loved Syd's determination to fix the mistake that was made and the way that Syd kept constantly trying to make everything better. Syd is a teenager though and acts like one. There are times when Syd reacts first without thinking things through or times when Syd ignores obvious signs. But never in a malicious way, just in a teenage way. Harley seems like an absolute sweetheart. I loved the way that they interacted with their sisters. He seemed so easily convinced by the magical mishap and didn't really hesitate before offering his help. They were both amazing characters and I adored them!

I do want to mention that I love the side characters. I don't think there was a single side character that I don't want to learn more about.

One of the things that I absolutely adored about this book was that there felt like a lot of heart in. There was just a lot of love in this book. Love of family members, romantic love, even just love between members of the same community. Even the angstier parts of this book had me feeling warm and cuddly. This book was so much.

I love books, but sometimes I find that if I love them too much, I struggle to find a way to put it in words. This is unfortunately one of those books. I have so many warm, happy feelings about this book, but I can't seem to verbalize them. I just want to gush about this to anyone who will listen, but I can't. I will likely keep trying to come up with the words I'm looking forward, and I will update the review if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...