Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Wednesday, October 13, 2021


Review: CAN'T LEAVE LOVE by Kimberly Cooper-Griffin

 


Title: Can't Leave Love
Author: Kimberly Cooper-Griffin
Publication Date: October 12, 2021
     

Finish Date: October 4, 2021
Format: Digital
Rating: 5/5


Favorite Quote/Scene: 
"She just had to see what Florida had to offer. That lasted all of three months. She couldn't handle the bugs."

Review: 
I've never heard of this author prior to finding her book on Netgalley. The cover and description interested me enough, so I requested it and luckily the publisher approved me to read it.

I really enjoyed these characters together. Pru and Sophia are great characters separately, but I especially love their interactions with each other. They balance each other out really well and help each other through the issues that arise. Sophia helps provide Pru with a new view on certain topics while Pru works like a grounding force for Sophia when she starts feeling antsy. I loved it!

There's one thing that really interested me about this book and I'm not sure if I wanted it explored more or if that would have ruined the story. Warning: This might contain some light spoilers, but likely nothing that will ruin the story. There was something, a feeling that Sophia has, that draws her towards Ft. Devlin when she first gets there. It's just a sort of tug that makes her feel comfortable in that town quicker than she had in previous towns. Then there's the feeling she has when she's with Pru. There's a sort of electrical current that's mentioned a few times after they've been together. I like these things being included. I'm a sucker for a story that has fate, or something similar, that draws characters to certain places and/or people. This definitely felt like that.

I will freely admit that I didn't expect the twist that came towards the end of the book. I've never considered myself great at reading hints and understanding them so there might have been clues that pointed towards it and I just missed them. But I was shocked by it. I also, initially, wasn't sure how I felt about it. It turned out to be a non-issue though. It was handled in a way that made sense with all the characters involved, but also added a new layer of depth to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...