Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Monday, October 25, 2021


Review: Gingerbread Hearts anthology

 


Title: Gingerbread Hearts
Author: Various Authors
Publication Date: November 2012
     

Finish Date: September 19, 2021
Format: Digital
Rating: 4.25/5


Favorite Quote/Scene: 
The Christmas Grump by Jae

Review: 
This is a holiday-themed short story anthology. I was very interested in reading this because it's published by Ylva and I like some of their authors.

Holiday Outing by Alison Grey was better than I had expected when I first started reading it. I didn't know how it was going to go, but I was a bit concerned of a forced outing. This story just went so well and I kind of wish there had been a bit more of it in order to see the family's reaction to the final line.

Emma Weimann's It's in the Pudding is quite possibly my favorite story in this book. I thought it was adorable. I loved the situation that was built up by the pudding and I really loved how it built up. It was fun and I honestly did not expect to love it as much as I did.

The story that I didn't like as much was Corinna Behrens' Devgo. It's not a bad story, but it just didn't really feel like it worked as a short story. It just felt like there needed to be more to it.

A Magical Christmas by RJ Nolan was adorable. I don't always enjoy stories with kids, especially when one of the characters is a new parent type, but I loved it. Everyone was cute and it felt realistic to how real-life would play out. I think it's based on a longer story, so I might have to check it out.

Jae's stories are amazing. She has two, one is the sequel to the first. I loved The Christmas Grump. It was so cute and sweet and I loved the thawing of Rachel as she met someone who reminded her of what it was like when she was a kid. Kissing Ms. Santa Claus was so sweet and it helped wrap up The Christmas Grump. Just adorable stories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...