Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Thursday, May 13, 2021


Review: Gillette Park

Gillette Park Gillette Park by Gerri Hill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Finished on May 12, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "You are the one...Your soulmate, child...Together, you will stop the cycle."


I’ve read several Gerri Hill books prior to this one but, for some reason, last year I kept avoiding this book. I can’t even pin down why I was. It was a mistake that I avoided this book because it’s great.
    
Gillette Park is a regular town, for the most part. Since 1997 there has been a serial killer who kills a couple or so times a year. The locals are aware of this and the new residents quickly learn, all understand the risks at place during the serial killer’s active times. Mason Cooper grew up in Gillette Park, but left for college. She returned a few years ago and is a cop there now. Her boss decides to bring in Dr. Grace, a medium, in hopes that she can help with the situation.

The first thing I have to say is that I absolutely adored the mystery and action in this book. It was amazing. It is a bit supernatural of sorts, if you couldn’t tell by the medium being involved, so if that’s not your taste you might not enjoy it as much. I loved as more facts and details were being revealed. I was riveted to the story, trying to figure out who the serial killer was and why they were committing these heinous crimes. I loved it and was not at all disappointed by the ending.

The main characters make a great team and they are quite likeable. Mason is a serious cop, but she also ends up taking the time to understand Grace and her gift. She’s still a bit bruised by her father’s leaving and her mother turning to alcohol, but she found her family in her uncle and his family. Grace is sweet and caring, but very lonely. She doesn’t have much in the way of people caring for her because of her gift. People tend to think she’s lost it when she mentions her gift to others. The two are forced to work together, but they make such a great team. Grace finds people who care for her, even if they don’t always understand her, and Mason learns truths about herself and her family.

I want there to be more with these two characters. I’m not usually a fan of sequels that feature the exact same characters, but for these two I’ll make an exception. I think, if she ever wants to, Hill could probably find some new and exciting drama for these two to get into.

This is an amazing thriller book and I adored it. The characters work well together and it was nice to see the relationship between the two develop as they worked together on the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...