Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Saturday, May 15, 2021


Review: Safe Harbor

Safe Harbor Safe Harbor by Radclyffe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Finished on May 15, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: The sparring scene



4.5/5 rounded up

I wasn’t fully sold on this book just by reading the summary, but it’s a favorite of an author I love so I decided to give it a chance. It’s a good book.
    
Reese recently left active military duty to become a sheriff in Provincetown. She is a career military woman who was raised by her military father after her mother left. She’s never really taken the time to make friends, figure out her future, or figure out herself. In Provincetown she meets the local doctor. Victoria King serves as the doctor of the town. She isn’t a social butterfly nor is she keen to talk about her past. She was burned in the past by an ex-lover, and she also suffered an injury that took away her dreams. The two women are brought together by circumstances and they can’t seem to stop themselves from wanting to be closer.

There seems to always be some instant attraction in Radclyffe books, but I don’t mind. Reese is quite serious because of her background and it was nice to see her figure herself out with the help of a friend that she made while there. She also has personal reasons as to why she chose to be in Provincetown even if she doesn’t want to admit it. Victoria is a force to be reckoned with. She’s a bit of a workaholic who tries to distance herself from her past and others. I will mention that she uses a cane to walk because of her injury.

I like the relationship that the two characters built together but I wish there had been less back-and-forth about it. I really liked how Reese wanted to protect the people of her town, but she had to struggle to figure out how she could do that without taking away the peace these people were given. I especially love how she seemed to truly care about Brianna, her chief’s daughter who she helped with some personal issues.

I quite enjoyed this book. It had its moments where I got annoyed at the characters or something, but it was a good read. There are more books in the Provincetown Tales series, but I don’t know if I’ll ever read them. I like a good series, but I prefer series that focus on multiple characters getting into relationships rather than series that focus mainly on the same characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...