Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Saturday, April 10, 2021


Review: Passion's Bright Fury

Passion's Bright Fury Passion's Bright Fury by Radclyffe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Finished on April 8, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: July 3rd when they're at the bar



4.75/5 rounded up

I’ve not read a Radclyffe book before this one, despite how popular she seems to be in the FF category of books. I’m really happy that this book was my first one from her.
    
Saxon is the Chief of Trauma at her hospital and she’s very secretive about her past. She doesn’t like to share her past with others but that becomes difficult when she has Deb Stein as a resident. Deb Stein just also happens to be having a documentary made that focuses on her. Jude Castle is the filmmaker for the documentary and the two of them immediately have sparks.

Sax seems like a perfect definition for tall, dark, and brooding. She doesn’t want to discuss her past with people and after reading the story it makes sense why. I was initially a bit annoyed by how secretive she was being, but it made sense by the end. Jude is more than willing to push Sax’s boundaries and I found their chemistry hot. Jude is a dedicated worker who knows how to make the most of what she’s filming and is very gifted at finding exactly what she wants to capture.

I like to avoid medical romances because they can sometimes be a bit too heavy on the medical part of the story. This story did have a lot of medical terms and issues in it, obviously, but it was written in a way that kept me engaged. I think Radclyffe did a good job at writing the trauma sections of the book. When situations were occurring in the trauma bay the writing felt faster and kept me engaged. I really enjoyed the medical parts even if some of the terms went over my head.

I had a couple of issues with them, one of them being the medical terms going over my head. It wasn’t a lot, but it was enough to draw me out of the book in order to google what was going on. I also expected more to happen with Preston Smith. With how he was written in the first chapter I expected him to be a villain or negative force in the book, but he wasn’t. He was only in the first chapter and later mentioned in a future chapter when Sax began to reveal some of her past unless I’m forgetting some other mentions.

I really, really liked reading this book. It’s not a favorite or even a full five-stars but it was engaging with characters who had really nice chemistry together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...