Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Tuesday, April 27, 2021


Review: Kim Reaper, Vol. 2: Vampire Island

Kim Reaper, Vol. 2: Vampire Island Kim Reaper, Vol. 2: Vampire Island by Sarah Graley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Finished on April 26, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: Kim's kidnapping from her point of view


This is the second Kim Reaper volume, and it was cute. I didn’t like it as much as the first one though.
    
Kim and Becka have been together for a bit (I don’t remember how much) by the beginning of the book. One day Kim learns that Becka likes vampire movies and Becka learns that vampires are real and live on an island. She convinces Kim to take her and Tyler, Becka’s best friend, to vampire island. In doing so a bunch of random events occur and, with the help of Charlie (Kim’s best friend), they have to figure out how to survive vampires as well as Kim’s boss.

This was still a cute book but some of it just felt boring. I like the idea of a vampire island, but I don’t think it was necessary for Kim’s boss to be a plot point. It was still interesting enough to me. I really liked how the confrontation with Kim’s boss was handled, I’ll admit it wasn’t what I was expecting, and the art is still really nice.

I really love Charlie in this story. Charlie is a nonbinary vampire and I need more. Charlie is absolutely adorable and tries their best to help their best friend and her friends.
This volume did give some insight into how Kim became a part-time reaper. I don’t remember if the first volume specified how she became one, but I enjoyed the reasoning this one gave for her to have the job.

This is a fun book. Don’t expect serious topics to be discussed or for huge fights to have lasting consequences. Nothing in this book should be taken too seriously. It’s just a fun read about a girl who works part time as a reaper, her girlfriend, and the strange things that happen when the two of them are together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...