Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Sunday, March 14, 2021


Review: Table for Two

Table for Two Table for Two by Kate Gavin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars 
Finished on March 6, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "Don't let anyone else's past dictate how you respond to your present."



4.5/5 rounded up

I had originally intended to break up the book into two or three days so that I wouldn’t burn myself out of the story. However, I was hooked about 20% of the way through the book.
    
Jillian is a marketing executive whose main focus is on getting a promotion. Reagan is a co-owner of multiple restaurants with her close friend where she manages the money side of everything. The two have an unlikely encounter at a tavern where only one table is available for the lunch service and the two have to share. Jillian’s cold persona immediately clashes with Reagan’s cheerfulness. The two get off to a rough start but eventually they manage to find their rhythm with each other.

Reagan is a sweet character and I adore her family. She loves her job and her family and she’s very open about her emotions for the most part. Jillian is the opposite, but I still loved her as a character. The author did an amazing job at writing the emotions of the two characters that at points drove me to tears. The attraction between the two was obvious at the beginning, but it grew and developed through the story to be something amazing.

There are a few side characters in the book and I love most of them. The characters that I don’t love weren’t written to be likeable characters in the first place. Also, I really liked that Ash uses they/them pronouns.

My only issue with this book was that I wish it were longer. I wish there had been more time for the ending to truly develop rather than three or so chapters. I was bothered by it, but it’s nothing new and the author wrote it in such a way where I didn’t need it. It would have been nice, but the work is amazing even without it being longer.


I received a copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for a fair, honest voluntary review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...