Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Sunday, February 21, 2021


Review: Huntress

Huntress Huntress by A.E. Radley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars 
Finished on February 21, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "A bit less screaming and a bit more knowing where the car was and that would have been epic."



4.75/5 rounded up

This book was a delightful read. I wasn’t fully convinced to read this book just by the summary but scanning the reviews made it where I knew I had to read this book. The story was delightful and funny and entertaining, and I really want a sequel so I can read some more about these characters. I had some issues initially getting into the book but once I was in, I was hooked.
    
Amy, who works at a coffee place in a service station, managed to get herself into quite the predicament when searching for clues about why a regular didn’t show up. She discovers information that leads to her being on the run from several different people and her best friend Kerry being dragged along for the ride. Both characters were likeable even if I didn’t feel really attached to either of them. The two of them managed to charm and stumble their way through the book and that was a take on a mystery that I didn’t expect to enjoy.

Claudia, one of the people searching for Amy, didn’t get as much time but I did like her. Serious with her job and she quit her previous job because of all the red tape. It was an interesting character and I wish the book had been longer so that I had more time to enjoy her.

The mystery in this book wasn’t the best but it was still an interesting mystery. The solution to the mystery felt a bit rushed but altogether I could understand some of the logic behind them figuring out who the culprit was.

If you want a mystery that will amuse you, read this book. Reading about the chase these people all go on and the way they stumble and fumble their way through life is fun and engaging.

I also love this cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...