Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Friday, December 1, 2023


Book Tour: WE ARE THE CRISIS review + 15 thoughts while reading

 


Book Details

Title: We Are the Crisis
Author: Cadwell Turnbull
Publisher: Blackstone Publishing
Publication Date: November 7, 2023
Genre(s): Adult, Horror, Paranormal, Fantasy
Pages: 338
Bookshop Purchase Link: https://bookshop.org/a/67041/9781982603755
     

Review: 
My absolute thanks to Hear Our Voices Tours, Blackstone Publishing, and Cadwell Turnbull for allowing me to take part in this tour and read this amazing book! Make sure to check out the other tour hosts here and see what they've got in store during this tour!

I'll be real with you, when I started this book (well more specifically when I started No Gods, No Monsters) I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. I found that this book had a very strange voice to it and that was off-putting at first. However, after a bit of time I grew used to it and loved it!

This book was enthralling! I found myself on-edge and invested in everything that was going on. At times I got confused, but that didn't detract from my enjoyment of the story! The writing was well-done and it kept me thoroughly involved!

One of the things that I really liked the best about this book was the characters! They were all written in such a unique way that it was easy for me to keep track of them and keep them apart. They were also just plain interesting characters.

It's hard to review this book without spoiling it. But I did really enjoy reading the book! I thought it was an interesting time (fun isn't quite the right word, but it wasn't not fun either).


15 Thoughts While Reading: 
-Pronouns!!! (Just picture me as an excited puppy who gets pumped whenever books have someone introducing themselves with their pronouns!)
-Ooh yes! Run!!!
-I cannot pronounce that.
-I trust no one!
-Chills!!!
-Sad state of life, but not entirely wrong.
-"He remembers" is beautifully well-written.
-I love the names in this book!
-That meeting!!!
-The new section pages are gorgeous!
-Cute!
-Ooohhh fuuuccckkk!!!
-Ouch! I get it, but ouch!
-Love the answer "I'm dangerous"
-Oh no!!!




Disclaimer: I am a bookshop.org affiliate and may earn a commision on books bought using the link on my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...