Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Thursday, May 11, 2023


Book Tour: TEACHER OF THE YEAR review + favorite quotes

 


Book Details

Title: Teacher of the Year
Author: M.A. Wardell
Publisher: Independently Published
Publication Date: May 9, 2023
Genre(s): Adult, LGBT, Romance
Pages: 301
     

Reading Details

Finish Date: May 5, 2023
Format: Physical
Representation: Gay, Bisexual


Rating: 5/5

Review: 
Thank you so much to Hear Our Voices Tours for allowing me to take part in this wonderful tour! Make sure to check out the schedule so that you don't miss any of the other wonderful hosts!

What can I say? I've not read many queer books involving teachers and I would like that to change. Teacher of the Year seemed like a great place to start!

I couldn't put this book down once I started it! I absolutely loved the characters and the situations they found themselves in, but more than that I loved Wardell's writing style. Something about how he wrote just hit me and kept me entranced the entire time.

All of these characters were amazing. Marvin was an absolute sweetheart and I loved him so much. I loved it even more when there were moments where I could relate to him. I loved Olan. I respect everything that he was trying to do and has done and all the clear love that he shows to his daughter! Illona is also just sheer perfection!

I loved this book! I don't know what else to say about it. The characters were amazing and I loved watching them grow closer and develop over the course of the book. That book moved at a steady pace and I loved the writing style. I have no complaints!


Favorite Quotes: 
"Be my guest. I'll gladly send my entire class over to you and go shopping."

"...I've been nominated for the county's Teacher of the Year, so I must be doing something right."

"I'll text you. Please don't be anxious about this."
"I'll try."

"Now it's an Illona sandwich!"

"Wait, Olan, the hot, rich dad?"
"Yes, very hot. Very rich."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Tour: DEADENDIA: THE DIVINE ORDER review + favorite quotes

Thank you so much to TBR and Beyond Tours for allowing me to take part in this tour for Deadendia: The Divine Order. I have watched the ...