Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Thursday, May 11, 2023


Book Tour: THE PRINCESS AND THE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH review + favorite quotes

 


Book Details

Title: The Princess and the Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Author: Deya Muniz
Publisher: Little, Brown Ink
Publication Date: May 9, 2023
Genre(s): Young Adult, LGBT, Graphic Novels, Romance
Pages: 239
     

Reading Details

Finish Date: April 20, 2023
Format: Physical
Representation: Sapphic, Possibly nonbinary
Trigger/Content Warnings: Mentions of death


Rating: 5/5

Review: 
The second I saw this tour email pop into my email, I knew that I had to sign up. I'm a sucker for all things queer and food related. I am so thrilled that I was chosen to take part. Make sure to check out the tour schedule so that you don't miss any of the posts.

This is the first graphic novel ARC I've gotten where the entire book was in color and I am so glad about that! The art was absolutely gorgeous and the color just added another beautiful element. This book is just so freaking pretty!

I am sold on both of these characters so much!!! Even the side characters!! I loved everyone so much! Princess Brie is so sweet and I love her, but Lady Camembert is probably my favorite between the two. She is so amazing and I love watching her go from being bored to having people and things she can direct her attention to. Plus I totally think she's nonbinary or genderqueer in some fashion.

I love the relationships between these characters. From the romantic relationship that builds between our two leads to the familial relationship between Lady Camembert and Feta. The friendship that grows between everyone as they get to know each other better. It's all so perfect!!

I also never expected to read a book where grilled cheese sandwiches play a prominent role. But they do.

This book is delightful! It's such a sweet read with minimal amounts of angst and I love it so much! I read it all in one sitting, smiling like a goof the entire time! It is such a great and sweet read and I thoroughly look forward to what else this author might create!


Favorite Quotes: 
"Also, my disguise is flawless!"
"Debatable"

"Boof!" (Translation: I can smell fear.)

"Stop talking about butts."
"Never!"

"She'll write me today-I can feel it!"
"Life is pain and Brie hates me."

"Whether Cam is a man or a woman, does that really change your feelings?"

"The sandwich will do."
"I made that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Tour: DEADENDIA: THE DIVINE ORDER review + favorite quotes

Thank you so much to TBR and Beyond Tours for allowing me to take part in this tour for Deadendia: The Divine Order. I have watched the ...