Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Monday, April 17, 2023


Book Tour: THE REMARKABLE RETIREMENT OF EDNA FISHER review

 


Book Details

Title: The Remarkable Retirement of Edna Fisher
Author: E.M. Anderson
Publisher: Hansen House
Publication Date: April 21, 2023
Genre(s): Adult, LGBT, Fantasy
Pages: 384
Bookshop Purchase Link: https://bookshop.org/a/67041/9781956037227
     

Reading Details

Finish Date: April 14, 2023
Format: Physical
Representation: Gay, Bisexual, Ace/Aro-spec
Trigger/Content Warnings: Violence, Death, Murder, Abuse


Rating: 5/5

Review: 
My excitement for this book was off-the-walls so I was absolutely thrilled when Hear Our Voices allowed me to take part in their tour! Make sure to check out the schedule to catch everyone's creative posts!!

This book was honestly just what I needed to read at the time. I was in a bit of a reading slump but this book helped give me something to focus on. It captured my attention from the very beginning and held me through the entire book. I was thrilled!

The action in this book wasn't overly prevalent but was well done. Anderson has done a great job at keeping it interesting but without too much that could distract or confuse the reader.

The characters in this book are easily the best part!! Anderson wrote some very engaging and likeable characters and I loved getting to follow them on this journey. They provided a good sense of family and humor to this cozy fantasy book.

It's been said before and I'll say it too: Anderson did a great job at providing a fresh take on the "chosen one" trope. Edna isn't your typical chosen one but she will save the day and gather a found family along the way. Edna is the shining star of this book (as the titular character) and she makes for such an amazing main character.

E.M. Anderson did an absolutely wonderful job when they wrote this book! They took a great idea and made it into soemthing truly spectacular. I look forward to following more of their writing and reading whatever they come up with next.




Disclaimer: I am a bookshop.org affiliate and may earn a commision on books bought using the link on my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...