Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Tuesday, April 25, 2023


Book Tour: DEADENDIA Books 1 & 2 by Hamish Steele review + favorite quotes

 


Book Details

Title: Deadendia: The Watcher's Test and Deadendia: The Broken Halo
Author: Hamish Steele
Publisher: Union Square & Co.
Publication Date: May 2, 2023
Genre(s): Young Adult, LGBT, Graphic Novels, Fantasy
Pages: 203
Bookshop Purchase Link: https://bookshop.org/a/67041/9781454948957
     

Reading Details

Finish Date: April 20, 2023
Format: Physical
Representation: Trans, Gay
Trigger/Content Warnings: Transphobia, Violence, Death


Rating: 5/5

Review: 
I absolutely loved this show so I was very excited when a tour was offered for these books. These books leave me an emotional wreck and I need book 3 now please and thank you! Make sure to check out the tour schedule so that you don't miss any of the posts.

The art in thes books is absolutely gorgeous. It's a beautiful mix of great illustrations and stunning drawings that clearly draw out the different characters. I never struggled to tell anyone apart. I also really loved how the book would handle flashbacks and things like that, they looked really different so it wasn't confusing.

The emotions in these books is actually brutal! There is so much heart put into the4se books that it brought me to or near tears multiple times. It was amazing.

I absolutely adore the characters and representation in these books! Barney and Norma are amazing characters and I love the way that Pugsley, Courtney, Logs, and Badyah adds to their characters.


Favorite Quotes: 
"Look...parties...people...loud noises...that stuff I can't deal with. But if it's supernatural? I'm in my element."

"Cerberus is gonna be a pretty big role model then, huh."

"I don't care if I have a sister or a brother, as long as I have you!"
"Trust me, if I'd stayed in that house, you'd have neither by now."

"It can't be good for your body, dying all the time."

"I wanted to know how you felt about me. As a friend, but potentially...hopefully...maybe...something more."

"If I don't do this, there's no going forward...Do your thing."




Disclaimer: I am a bookshop.org affiliate and may earn a commision on books bought using the link on my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...