Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Thursday, September 22, 2022


Review: THIS IS OUR RAINBOW anthology edited by Katherine Locke and Nicole Melleby

 


Book Details

Title: This Is Our Rainbow
Edited by: Katherine Locke and Nicole Melleby
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: October 19, 2021
Genre(s): Middle Grade, LGBT, Anthology, Fantasy, Contemporary
Pages: 336
Bookshop Purchase Link: https://bookshop.org/a/67041/9780593303955
     

Reading Details

Finish Date: October 18, 2021
Format: Digital
Representation: Nonbinary, Transgender, Lesbian, Asexual
Trigger/Content Warnings: Homophobia, Transphobia, Bullying


Rating: 5/5

Favorite Story: 
Balancing Acts by A.J. Sass

Review: 
I received an eARC in exchange for a fair and honest review. I read this book in chunks to make sure that I was able to fully take in the stories in this book.

There are 16 stories in this book that range in genre and identity. Fantasy, sci-fi, contemporary, gay, lesbian, transgender. I love it so much. I couldn't have even dreamt of a book like this when I was younger, and I could cry thinking about what this book might mean to kids growing up.

I don't think there was a single story in this book that I didn't love. I did have a couple of favorites though. I absolutely adored A.J. Sass's story, Mark Oshiro's story was amazing, and I fell in love with Shing Yin Khor's graphic novel story.

I am struggling to find the words to review this book with, especially since I want to avoid any spoilers so that everyone can come in fresh with this book. So, a spoiler-ish free review: some of these stories were sad or had sad moments but for the most part I thought that this book was full of love and acceptance and joy. Not all of them, but I would say most of them.

I thought this book and these stories were absolutely amazing and I plan to reread this whenever I'm in the mood for a good story. I feel a bit bad about how short this review is, but I really want to avoid spoiling any of these stories. They were all so amazing and beautiful in their own ways that I don't want to accidentally give anything away.





Disclaimer: I am a bookshop.org affiliate and may earn a commision on books bought using the link on my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Tour: THE FINAL CURSE OF OPHELIA CRAY review + 15 thoughts

Thank you so much to TBR and Beyond Tours for allowing me to take part in this tour for The Final Curse of Ophelia Cray. I had been so j...