Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Thursday, December 2, 2021


Review: RIDING PASSION by D. Jackson Leigh

 


Title: Riding Passion
Author: D. Jackson Leigh
Publication Date: May 12, 2015
     

Finish Date: September 23, 2021
Format: Digital
Rating: 5/5


Favorite Quote/Scene: 
Riding Passion

Review: 
I didn't read the summary of this book before picking it up apparently. I thought it was an anthology of stories by different authors. It's an anthology of short stories, and one longer story, by D. Jackson Leigh.

I really loved the format of the main story. It's a longer story spread out between three chapters. The first one, one around the middle, and the very last story. I thought it made for an interesting format and I really loved watching the story continue to develop. The characters had amazing chemistry with each other and I really love that they were even given more of a relationship. It was just brilliant!

The other stories were just as amazing. I don't think there was a single story that I didn't enjoy in one shape or another. There were even a couple stories that left me wanting to read the books these characters came from. These stories were just great. Each character felt solid (as solid as characters in a short story can feel) and they had really good chemistry with each other. Some of the stories even tied in emotions that I didn't expect.

This was great. It definitely turned me on to the idea of anthology books written by a singular author. I can definitely get behind that. It also left me wanting to read some of D. Jackson Leigh's other books. Some of the short stories were based around characters from her other books, so I just have to read those books now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Tour: DEADENDIA: THE DIVINE ORDER review + favorite quotes

Thank you so much to TBR and Beyond Tours for allowing me to take part in this tour for Deadendia: The Divine Order. I have watched the ...