Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Friday, November 5, 2021


Review: THE CLUB REVISITED by A.L. Brooks

 


Title: The Club Revisited
Author: A.L. Brooks
Publication Date: November 1, 2021
     

Finish Date: October 13, 2021
Format: Digital
Rating: 5/5


Favorite Quote/Scene: 
Suzanne's chapter

Review: 
I was so excited to receive an eARC of this book. I've read several of Brooks' previous books and this one excited me. Especially because it's not an anthology, but it's definitely not a normal novel setup either.

This book was so good! I especially loved the variety of people and stories in this book. There was older woman, a butch/butch pairing, a friends-to-lovers pairing, and even an established couple. It was just delightful, and I especially loved that each story felt unique without feeling separate from the previous couples.

I thought this book was hot. The pairings all felt well-matched for their respective desires, and it made the connections between them hot. There was also a nice amount of difference between the various exploits that the women got up to that allowed the book to continue feeling fresh even after the third pairing.

One of the things that I especially love is the community of safety and acceptance that was portrayed in this book. There was no judgement for what people were into, what they looked like, or that they were only there for a hookup. I loved it!

I feel bad because I don't really have much to say about this book. Not in a bad way though. It was a very delightful story, and I quite enjoyed every character. I came into this story without having previously read The Club and I know that I need to go back and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Tour: DEADENDIA: THE DIVINE ORDER review + favorite quotes

Thank you so much to TBR and Beyond Tours for allowing me to take part in this tour for Deadendia: The Divine Order. I have watched the ...