Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Saturday, October 16, 2021


Review: Stop and Stare by Katia Rose

 


Title: Stop and Stare
Author: Katia Rose
Publication Date: June 1, 2021
     

Finish Date: September 12, 2021
Format: Digital
Rating: 4.75/5


Favorite Quote/Scene: 
The wooing

Review: 
I love to read books with genderqueer/genderfluid/nonbinary main characters. I also love friends-to-lovers romance. This book met both those requirements.

I really enjoyed both these characters, but I think I have a soft spot for Iz. They have some issues and insecurities that just connected me with them. Marina's more certain in what she wants, she's just not sure if she can have it or how to get it. I really enjoyed the interactions between them, though I do wish the two spent more time together. That's just a personal preference though. I always love cute, domestic, chill scenes with characters that I enjoy.

I thought the relationship developed very nicely. It forced both characters to figure out what their issues with or what they could choose to deal with. It's a novella so it's not long. It still takes a while for them to get together, and I'm torn about how I feel about that. I like a decent amount of angst and yearning, but I also just love a sweet romance. I wasn't sure how I wanted the story to play out. It was good though. A little longer on the angst than I would have preferred, but not an annoying amount.

This is a cute, short novella if you're just looking for a nice friends-to-lovers story. It has good characters with relatable interactions. It's cute, but also has some angst.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...