Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Tuesday, October 5, 2021


Review: Higher by Roz Alexander

 


Title: Higher
Author: Roz Alexander
Publication Date: September 1, 2021
     

Finish Date: September 27, 2021
Format: Digital
Rating: 5/5


Favorite Quote/Scene: 
The bee garden and habitat tour

Review: 
I am always looking for more books with butch/butch couples so finding this was amazing! I was willing to give it a chance solely based on the butch/butch pairing and the cover.

I loved this book! The only complaint I might have with this book is that I wanted more with these two characters. Also, maybe something that would help me tell how much time has passed. (That's more of an issue I have than an issue with a book). Other than those, I loved this book.

Tali was so adorable, and I found myself so attached to her as a character. Especially her relationships with her sisters. She was kind of hard to like at times, but that has more to do with her own hesitancies stopping her from going after things that she wanted. I get it, but it sucks to see a character you like having to deal with something like that. Maple is so much fun. She has her own issues to work out, but she's definitely more of a bright light when compared to Tali. Not that there's an issue with either of their personalities, it just is what it is.

I loved the relationship between the two of them. Tali is very resistant to having anything with Maple, but Maple is going to flirt with her anyways. It was cute because it also didn't feel pushy. The tone would have changed had Tali seemed negative about the flirting, but she seems more flustered and unsure about it instead. Watching the relationship grow between the two was beautiful. It was great to see Tali work through her issues throughout the story with a couple of lightbulb moments that other characters helped her realize. It was also great that Maple realized that she had issues tied to her past as well. Neither character was portrayed as perfect and just waiting for the other character to catch up. The two of them are just endearingly sweet with each other once Tali starts loosening up.

Yeah, I loved this. I plan on rereading it at some point in the future. It was adorable with some not quite full on angsty parts, but tense parts. The characters seemed so sweet, and I really enjoyed them figuring out their dynamic with each other, especially with both being tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...