Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Saturday, August 7, 2021


Review: The Witch Boy

The Witch Boy The Witch Boy by Molly Ostertag
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Finished on August 6, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: The grandmother at the end

I was very excited to read this book. I managed to find this book completely unexpectedly and I was beyond thrilled. Quick note: There seems to be some debate about whether this book is LGBTQ+ in some way. Personally, I go with yes. Not explicitly, but a subtle GNC individual. Definitely my personal opinion, feel free to shelve it as you like. That’s all I wanted to say.

    
I really loved the story in this graphic novel. It was built up well that Aster wants to study witching and has for years while also hinting towards the ending parts of this book. I thought it was paced quite well, not always something you can do when dealing with graphic novels, and I loved it.

Aster and Charlie are two characters that I just absolutely love. Aster is absolutely precious and I felt for him the entire book while he was struggling with his family. Charlie is absolutely awesome. She’s great and I absolutely love the way she played into the final conflict in the story. (view spoiler)[ She has no magic but she will fight to help Aster. I love to see it. (hide spoiler)]

The art in this book is just gorgeous. I love the look of it and it reminded me a lot of Noelle Stevenson and her graphic novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...