Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Monday, April 19, 2021


Review: Kim Reaper Vol. 1: Grim Beginnings

Kim Reaper Vol. 1: Grim Beginnings Kim Reaper Vol. 1: Grim Beginnings by Sarah Graley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Finished reading on April 19, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: The reaping of Ched



This graphic novel is adorable. It’s not a deep piece or anything like that; it’s just fun. There are cats to be reaped, ghouls to be punched, and zombies to be beaten.
    
Kim is working as a part-time grim reaper to pay for her rent and Becka has a crush on her despite knowing nothing about her. She goes to ask Kim out one day and gets sucked into a grim reaper portal. She scares away Kim’s intended target and is forced to help her. Various things occur as they try to get the job done that lead to some more weird situations.

I feel bad when I review graphic novels because, since they’re often so short, there isn’t always a lot to review. For what it’s worth I love the characters. Becka is very positive, and Kim is goth but not brooding or anything like that. They are cute when they interact, and I really want to read more of their developing relationship.

I quite like graphic novels like this. Ones that aren’t overly serious or dramatic. They are funny and weird and sometimes just plain strange. It’s a nice enjoyable read that allows me to relax for a while without having to remember too many plot points or characters.

I really enjoyed this story. There were only a few pages where I wasn’t sitting with a stupid grin on my face while reading it. I look forward to learning whether my library has a copy of Vampire Island, the follow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...