Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Saturday, April 24, 2021


Review: In the Spotlight

In the Spotlight In the Spotlight by Lesley Davis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Finished on April 20, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "I'll remember that. Just you and me, an open road, the thrum of the engine between our legs."
"I knew the cycle would be a turn-on."

I feel very fortunate that I was able to receive an early release e-version of this book from Netgalley and the publisher. I am a huge Lesley Davis fan, and this book did not disappoint.
            
Cole is an actress in a TV show and has garnered some attention from the wrong part of the fanbase. While many people love her, some have taken it a step too far. She is being shipped, both in person and on the show, with her costar. She decides to leave and auditions for A Pocket Full of Time, a movie based on a book written by Aiden. (I only mentioned Aiden because she was one of the main characters in Lesley Davis’ Starstruck). She gets the part alongside Eris, who sees this movie as the next big step in her carefully planned out life. The two are instantly drawn to each other and find themselves growing closer as the movie is filmed.

Cole is amazing. A soft butch with such a sweet heart. She believes in love and going after what she wants in life. She’s amazing and I adore her so much. Plus, she has a motorcycle. Eris is a bit harder to break through because she’s locked herself away due to some childhood issues as well as some misinterpreted family issues. She’s bubbly and bright and oh so charming. She seems like an absolute sweetheart who wants to get to know everyone around her.

It was nice to see Cassidy and Aiden back in this book. I honestly adore books and writers who bring back characters from other stories. Eris’ sister was amazing, and I love that, even while pregnant, she was ready to fight anyone who may hurt her sister. Mischa is perfect in every comedic way that she could be.

My only issue with this book, and it’s a very minor one, is that we spend a bit too much time in the head of our stalker. I’m not against it necessarily, I just found it a bit disconcerting to read about. She’s practically deranged and that’s not a head I want to hang out in for an extended amount of time.

I honestly have nothing but great things to say about this story. I was instantly drawn into the story and wanted nothing more than a happy ending for our two mains. I was thrilled about the fact that they seemed to hook up only about a third of the way through the book and that there was no huge fights or terrible break-ups in the remaining parts of the book. I loved all the characters and I really want to see them again. I’m also very interested in reading/seeing A Pocket Full of Time because that plot just sounds really interesting.

I thought this was an absolutely wonderful book, and I can’t wait for other people to read it. I also think there is a good chance of this book joining Lesley Davis’ Playing Passion’s Game as one of my all-time favorite sapphic books.

Bonus Favorite Quote: "It was a signal; this woman was for sale."

Another Bonus Favorite Quote: "We could call it fate, destiny, or some kind of damned crazy luck."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...