Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Monday, April 5, 2021


Review: Grounded

Grounded Grounded by A.E. Radley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Finished on April 5, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "Emily wasn't likely to forgive her for what she was about to do. No matter; it was the right thing, and she'd do it-whatever the fallout might be."

4.25/5

I was hesitant to pick up this book after finishing the last one, but I also really wanted to know how the story of Emily and Olivia would end. I ended up checking out this book a few hours after finishing the first book and I’m quite glad that I did.
    
Olivia and Emily are currently not together after Olivia freaked out at the end of the last book and Emily, rather than trying to discuss it, ended their budding relationship. I won’t dredge up the past, but I ended the book annoyed at Emily and feeling horrendously sad for Olivia. In this book Olivia is burying herself in her work to attempt to ignore her emotions and Emily is trying to avoid her feelings. Henry is making the situation difficult for her by asking about Olivia often, he misses his friend and doesn’t understand what happened. Circumstances and forces outside of their control force them back together and it grows from there.

I enjoyed this book quite a bit. The humor was nice, and it was great to see the characters reconnect and find a new way to build their relationship. I had a couple of small issues with the book and most of them focused on Emily and her character. My other issue is that certain things felt too contrived, specifically Marcus, and there was quite a bit (too much for me personally) of business talk.

Emily, for some reason, decided to accept Henry’s grandparents offer of a job in order to allow them back in his life. I just thought this was odd since she had shown no previous need, desire, or anything to have anything else with them. I understand needing a job after the situation with Crown, but it just seemed to be against who she was in the previous book. I also have some slight issues with her relationship with Olivia. As sweet as it was most of the time at the beginning of the book it seemed like she was only contacting Olivia because she needed something out of her. I do believe that she loves her, but I don’t know if it was the best start to the relationship.

I still adore Olivia and Henry. Henry is cute and excitable and inquisitive, and he constantly brings joy to me. Olivia is who she is. She’s awkward and not quite sure about herself and her actions but she means well. She even makes a decision that she knows could end her friendship in order to protect those she loves. The relationship between Olivia and Henry is sweet and just amazing.

I really enjoyed this book even though some of the drama felt a bit out of character and coincidental. It had a satisfying ending, maybe a bit rushed, and it was very sweet to watch the family find their way together again.


Three bonus quotes because I really loved these lines.

Bonus Favorite Quote: "Shit, I've gone blank. Help a Brit. What's the damn number here?"

Bonus Favorite Quote: "I think you did kiss her."

Bonus Favorite Quote: "You have to watch out for these financial sorts...They'll give their business card to anyone."
"You got the business card too?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...