Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Tuesday, March 16, 2021


Review: Dark Wings Descending

Dark Wings Descending

Dark Wings Descending by Lesley Davis

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Finished on March 16, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "You were pissing me off."
"And you were turning me on."



I read Pale Wings Protecting and knew that I had to read the book where Rafe and Ashley got together. It was a nice book, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as the other book.
    
Rafe is a detective with a sweet side who has to solve a series of murders occurring in her city. Ashley is a PI with an otherworldly helper and boss who want her to find out who’s committing the same killings. The two meet and are instantly drawn to each other even though they are both dealing with confusion about how they met. They realize that they have to work together in order to bring the killer out and make him pay for his crimes.

One of the things that I really enjoyed about this book, and the sequel, is the way Lesley Davis writes the paranormal creatures. It’s a normal world just with demons and angels walking amongst us. It’s nice that it’s not high fantasy and that there are moments of doubt and skepticism as Rafe comes to terms with what she can know see. I also partly enjoyed the idea of people having their One. It’s a nice sentiment but it felt a bit forced or like more could have been done with it.

I personally also really enjoyed who the culprit turned out to be. I could just be clueless at mysteries, but I was surprised when the person was revealed. Davis also wrote it in such a way where the person made sense for the killings.

Rafe and Ashley are nice characters, together and separately. They did seem to move fast, probably because of the idea of being each other’s One, but that didn’t bother me too much. The two felt nice when paired up together. I didn’t really love either character, but I enjoyed them. I liked that Rafe had a sweet, romantic side and that Ashley only playfully teased her about it.

It’s a nice read to kill some time but it wasn’t my favorite. Pretty well-written with characters I enjoyed but didn’t love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...