Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Wednesday, April 5, 2023


Interview with Regina Ann Faith, author of LYRICAL SYMPHONY

 



It's the first interview of April and today's guest is Regina Ann Faith (she/her), author of Lyrical Symphony (out April 10th). In this interview we focused in on Faith's upcoming book, a sapphic romance.

In this interview we discussed what made her want to be a writer, where the idea for this book came from, and what she's got in store for the future. Read along to find out! As always links to follow Regina Ann Faith on social media, as well as a link to buy her book, will be at the bottom.
     

When did you first start writing?
I started writing when I was a teenager. I always would journal about my thoughts and feelings. I started out writing poetry as well. My poetry at this age was dark, and angsty. Then after writing poetry for a while, in my 20's, I started writing song lyrics.

Ooh nice!!! I also used to write dark and angsty poems as a teenager. It's a great way to let your emotions out.
What made you want to be a writer?
I wanted to help people heal from trauma and situations that they have been through in their lives. Now that I'm five books in, although healing is still a component in my stories. I also wanted as a writer to have my readers connect with my characters and see themselves. To know that just like my characters that they can not only heal but embrace every facet of themselves through the process.

That is honestly a beautiful reason to write. Both the reason you started and the reason you've found now.
What came first with this book: the main character(s) or the plot?
Main Characters

Nice!
What was your favorite part about writing this book?
My favorite part about writing this book is that it was different from my previous four books. As in my previous four books were M/F couple pairings, and this is my first F/F couple pairing.

That sounds like an interesting shift!
How did you come up with the idea for this book?
This book was supposed to be released after my first series was released, but I had to rewrite it. It also was supposed to be a M/F couple pairing but during the editing process, I didn't have enough pages for a book, let alone a novella. So I shelved it and revisited it after I released my second series. I kept the title but changed the couple to an F/F couple pairing and it flowed so smoothly as I was writing it. I used to dance and play the violin. So basically I took my own experience of being a dancer and violinist and came up with a story surrounding that.

I'm impressed! Both at the fact that you used to dance and play the violin as well as the fact that you returned to this book and decided to switch it to a F/F couple. I'm glad doing that helped the story flow better.
How did you come up with the title for this book? Did it take a while to come up with or did you have it with you for a while?
I came up with the book title fairly easily. Lyric is a dancer, and she loves lyrical dance. And Xenia is a violinist in an orchestra. Lyrical Symphony was named out of the Main Characters professions.

It's a really great title!! I'm impressed that you've had it for a while.
What is your favorite scene in this book?
I have a lot of scenes in this book that I am very fond of. It's hard to pick one favorite scene.

Fair enough!
Do you plan on doing anything to celebrate the release of this book?
No plans to celebrate.

I'll eat an ice cream to celebrate for you then.
Are you working on anything else currently?
I have five other WIP's that are in various stages of the writing process.

That's a lot!! I hope to see more mention of them in the future!
Thank you so much for joining me for this interview. I wish you luck in your future writing endeavors! I'll make sure to keep an eye trained to your social media in hopes of catching a glimpse.
If Regina Ann Faith's books sound like something you'd enjoy, make sure to check out the link included below to follow her or purchase her books. If you like what I do, consider giving me a follow on social media or donating to my Ko-fi. Thank you for reading!!


You can find Regina Ann Faith on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and Goodreads.

You can buy Regina Ann Faith's books from Amazon.

If you can't buy her books but you still want to read them, consider requesting them to your local library or suggesting them on Overdrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...