Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Friday, October 1, 2021


Review: Breakthrough by Kris Bryant

 


Title: Breakthrough
Author: Kris Bryant
Publication Date: May 1, 2018
     

Finish Date: September 15, 2021
Format: Physical
Rating: 5/5


Favorite Quote/Scene: 
The moose scene towards the beginning of the book

Review: 
I got really lucky and was sent a copy of this book. Somehow, I don't think I've read much, or any, of Kris Bryant's books prior to this. I am planning on rectifying this as soon as possible. This book was better than I could have possibly expected.

I love these characters. I say that too often in my reviews, but it's definitely true here. These two characters were just adorable, and I absolutely loved their interactions with each other. Kennedy was an interesting character that was so completely out-of-place. She had to deal with her insecurities about not belonging there while she was also dealing with trying to get the job done to get her old job back. Brynn is an absolute sweetheart. I need to get someone like her. She was always so unbelievable sweet and caring about the people and animals around her. There was nothing else I could do but love her.

My favorite part of this book is easily everything that went wrong. Sounds a bit cruel but I loved it. From the moose sitting on the car to the blisters to locking herself out of the cabin. I just loved it. She had a streak of bad luck that didn't want to stop, but it worked so well as a way to keep bringing the two characters together. I thought it added a good amount of humor that blended well with the two trying to bond while also fighting their attraction.

I will admit that there was a bit of drama thrown in around the halfway mark and I was a bit concerned about it. I wasn't sure how well it would work with the story and whether I would like it. It worked better than I expected. It didn't seem forced or out of nowhere. It didn't seem like thrown in there just to add more drama. It did add drama, but it was built up to the point where you could figure that something was going to happen.

I really want a movie of this book. A cute little rom com with a hint of action in it. I think it would be amazing. Someone please, make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...