Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Sunday, April 11, 2021


Review: Night Call

Night Call Night Call by Radclyffe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Finished on April 10, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "I'm like that with you, only worse. It's like...I feel sometimes if I can't get inside you, own you, make you want me that way, I'll die."

This is the second Radclyffe book I’ve read this week after years of never having touched her books and I have plans to read more soon enough. I might be hooked.
    
This book revolves around Jett and Tristan. Jett is a pilot who used to fly in the military and now works as the pilot for a hospital’s emergency helicopter. She bears scars from a situation that occurred with another soldier back in the war and she doesn’t want to let herself grow close to someone. Tristan works at the hospital in aesthesia and winds up flying with Jett sometimes when they need a physician. Tristan prides herself on not being a player, she cares about her “special friends”, but she also doesn’t want anything serious.

I really liked the chemistry between the two characters. Tristan only recently learned that she might not want to always be in control in the relationship and Jett is terrified of what could happen if she lets herself give in to her feelings. I really like Jett and Tristan together but there doesn’t appear to be much in the way of depth. Jett’s meeting with Gail was sorely needed but it felt too quick. I think that Tristan and Jett are seriously hot together, they make a good pairing but they needed to be given more space to grow together.

I think the biggest problem with this book is that it’s not long enough. I think if the book had been longer, it could have been absolutely amazing. Radclyffe just needed to give more time to the characters to develop their relationship with each other and others. She needed to give them, specifically Jett, more time to deal with the changes in their mental states and thought processes. It also would have been nice to have some scenes of them confronting some of Tristan’s fears and problems.

I quite like this book but that doesn’t mean it’s amazing. It’s nice enough, features a (according to others) butch/butch couple, and Jett is an amazing fantasy character to think about. It’s a bit too short to get into anything truly serious but it’s a decent read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...