Ticker

powered by Surfing Waves

Thursday, February 18, 2021


Review: Lovebirds

Lovebirds Lovebirds by Cara Malone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars 
Finished on February 18, 2021
Favorite Scene/Quote: "Did it have to be all at once in one big moment, or could it be a lot of little moments strung together, weaving themselves inextricably through your life and your heart?"

4/5

I received an ARC in exchange for a fair, honest review

This was a nice, sweet read with likeable main characters. 
    
Kiran and Dani fit well together, and it was fun to watch their relationship grow from co-workers/somewhat friends to friends with benefits to girlfriends. I also loved Dani having to work through her family issues, specifically her divorce. It was nice to see that and see her being supported by her friends as she tried to experience new things (in dating) for the first time in almost two decades. 

My main issue with this book is that I wish it had been longer. I would have liked more time to see their relationship grow and develop. You do see some of the big moments with them, but I wish there were less time-skips (even if it skipped only a few days) so we can see the two of them together more. I especially would have loved to see the two of them at the wedding together since that was mentioned multiple times, even in the summary, and I just wish it had been included in the story. 

Some of the side characters felt a bit flat, like Kiran’s sister, but I think that might be due to the minimal amount of time spent with them. 

Altogether, the book isn’t a bad read and if you want to kill a couple hours, I recommend it. It’s a sweet story with animals and minimal drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: SNOWBLOODED by Emma Sterner-Radley

  Book Details Title : Snowblooded Author : Emma Sterner-Radley Publisher : Solaris Publication Date : May...